|Thirteen Things about
Things I should have avoided whilst pregnant
There's many a parent raked by guilt with sleepless nights full of 'what ifs' and 'if onlys.' Here are a few of those thoughts.
1. I should have rigged up the microwave with crime scene tape.
2. I should never have knitted that baby blanket. I'm sure I poked something crucial.
3. Hair dye and vanity, that's all I'm going to say on the subject.
4. I knew that cell phone was a mistake. Surely I fried every functioning brain cell too.
5. Orders to 'rest' should be accompanied with a free pass to a baby sitter.
6. They did warn me about Caesar Salad but I couldn't resist the craving for anchovies.
7. I should never have drunk the water and breathed the air in Silicon Valley.
8. I blame the blue cheese myself although I swear it was only a crumb or two.
9. I should have made him swear that the fruit punch only contained fruit and no hidden punches. Can you trust anyone these days?
10. I blame the YMCA. It was a mistake to take that Aerobics instructor course.
11. I should have had those metal filling ripped out pre-pregnancy but hindsight is always 20-20. I wonder why it wasn't covered by my medical insurance?
12. Alternatively I could blame the hospital. How stupid to give a warning about carrying heavy objects! What newly born object doesn't want to be carried!
13. Yes, regrets, I have more than a few. If I had my time over, I would do things differently. For my baby shower gift I'd have fessed up and asked for a “laminater.”
So nip on over and “click” to do you little “bit.” I’m always happy to complain about “food” but in the great scheme of things, I for one, should know “better.”
Although I usually benefit hugely from a jolly good moan.